I can’t believe how fast January went, here we are in February and Valentine’s is fast approaching! Now of course I have lots planned to share the week of love with you as Valentines is very special to me! I thought I would start it off just like I did last year, with some yummy treats! These sweetie treats are perfect to celebrate with your girls, or your special someone!
I never grew up eating a lot of brownies, I find them delicious but so sweet I can’t go for more then a few bites. I really wanted to find a fun brownie recipe to use this year and I came across salted caramel! Um YUM now thats a sweetie treat I would love. They tasted amazing and I iced a few of them so I could top with some sprinkles! I mean who doesn’t like sprinkles! Justin approved of these brownies and I enjoyed them too!
I am a cupcake girl. Every type and flavour is good to me, so of course I have to have cupcakes. I did a lemon cake and some whipped frosting. I apologize if my icing and sprinkles are super perfect, but my mom always taught me that you have to get icing all over the top so each bite has a nice bit of icing. Thats what I go off of and I never have to little or too much!
My mom had made some of her chocolate chip cookies (one I am currently snacking on now) and I couldn’t say no to adding these to the party! I love homemade cookies, there is nothing better! I even got a bag of them to bring back to school! It was a weekend of wins for me!
To finish off my sweetie treats I can’t forget a very special part. Lindt chocolates, the pretty heart box is actually the box of chocolates that Justin gave to me on the Valentines Day 4 years ago when he asked me out. Yes I still have it, and I always put some chocolates in there to enjoy.
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter
- 8 ounces plus 6 ounces Hershey's semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 ounces good caramel sauce
- 2 teaspoons flaked sea salt
- Melt the butter, 8 ounces of the chocolate chips, and the unsweetened chocolate together in a medium bowl. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together the eggs, vanilla, and sugar. Stir the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and cool to room temperature
- In a medium bowl, sift together 1/2 cup of the flour, baking powder, salt and add to the chocolate mixture. Toss the remaining 6 ounces of chocolate chips and the remaining 2 tablespoons of flour in a medium bowl and add them to the chocolate mixture. Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
- Drizzle Caramel Sauce on top before you put into the oven. (this is just how I like to do it, you can also do this step once they come out of the oven.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
As always thank you to the amazing Brooklyn D Photography for bringing your amazing images and my ideas to life for this blog, I will always love working with you <3
Do you have a sweetie treat that you love on Valentines? I hope you give these salted caramel brownies a try, you will not regret a thing! I promise! I hope you all have a wonderful day and get ready for more fun Valentine’s Day Posts!