Today is a very special post. If you have been reading my blog for while you may know I talk about my boyfriend Justin pretty frequently. Today is all about Justin. I wanted this post to have multiple purposes. First to introduce you to the amazing guy who is such a huge part of what I do and my life. Second I wanted this to be a thank you to him for everything he does and deals with.
So a little bit about him? Well he is the same age as me (19). He went to trade school and is a Welder. He is also a hockey player. He plays Junior B (for anyone that would understand hockey levels). If you follow me on snapchat or watch my Insta stories you will see some video on games day and I am their #1 fan and am cheering on even though I am away at school.
These photos were from last season, the bottom photo is the PJHL Championship game and they won 7-2. It was so exciting, I had no voice left for days after.
Justin and I grew up about 5 min away from each other but we didn’t meet until high school. We only met because a mutual friend decided in grade 9 that we were made for each other. Of course I was saying umm not likely and I wan’t really interested in having a boyfriend at that time. We ended up talking and getting to know each other and we started dating at the end of grade 9. I know crazy right, we really are high school sweet hearts. I just love looking back at high school and seeing all the amazing memories and having him in some of those memories too.
Ah yes such a glamorous day Prom! We wanted to go for an Old Hollywood style.
We are definitely total opposites. I was the girl who wanted to have the spot light on her 24/7. I was in musical theatre, choir, dance and always preforming. Justin was very quiet, kept to himself and very humble. I will never forget the first time I talked to him about hockey. Of course I asked if he scored any goals and he said ” ya I did but that goal wouldn’t have happened without the other guys on my team”, I was almost taken back by that answer because he was so humble about it and he really isn’t one to brag.
Justin and I are about to hit 4 years of being together and I can’t believe how time flies by, but I wouldn’t ask for my life to be any other way. When I started my youtube channel last January (it actually started on his birthday) he was so supportive and happy that I was jumping into this new idea and passion I had. He even agreed to be in some videos and helped out it was so much fun. We have always referred to ourselves as a team. Whenever we go and do something we always say we make the best team. I love that because we really are a team together.
I started asking him to help me more with photos because me and my tripod was getting to difficult to get great shots. Justin never had training and knew nothing about cameras or photography thats my area. But I would set the camera setting and have him press the shutter. It was rocky to start but he got better and better. Today he is starting to learn more of the manual settings most times I still set them. Once I do that I leave it to him, he has an amazing eye for angles and getting a great shot. He is also awesome when we do action shots! So if I don’t mention a photographer in my photos it is 98% of the time Justin (the other 2% is either myself and a tripod or my Mom)
Justin encourages me when I get frustrated or upset about anything and that tends to happen a lot with school and blogging. Justin really likes the video side of this and over the summer we started to make videos together and we will be sharing a new series on the blog. We don’t know how frequent it will be but it will be showcasing some of the beautiful places we have right here at home. We hope to eventually start travelling and sharing these adventures. The series is called J & S Adventures. We are hoping to share the first post soon!
I think one of the fun things to do is think back to when I first met Justin and remember what we were like and how we have grown and changed. Justin still doesn’t love having photos of himself taken but when he sees all the images we have he loves having those. I really could not do all that I do without him, from face-timing to help me study for midterms and exams to giving up his weekends to help me photograph outfits and deal with me when I get grumpy or frustrated.
Really I could spend all day talking about this but I am going to stop myself here as you all have a life to get back to! I hope you enjoyed hearing a little bit about the guy who helps make this blog possible.
A huge thank you to Brooklyn from Brooklyn D Photography for these photos, I tell everyone she is my photographer for life! She is amazing and she has done many shoots with Justin and I. Our prom photo in this post, yeah she took our prom photos too. We have so many more shoots planned this year with her! Woo Hoo!
Wishing you all a fantastic day!